University Behavioral Center is here to help you or a loved one begin the recovery process. Our intensive, short-term inpatient drug and alcohol detox program in Orlando provides the medical care, support and compassion you need to start your journey.
Substance Use Disorder Treatment in Florida: Why Choose Us?
Established in 1989, University Behavioral Center has a longstanding tradition of excellence in Central Florida. At our acute inpatient program for adults 18 and up, you’ll find:
- High-quality medical support: Our drug and alcohol detox program can provide a high level of medically monitored care during your stay. Doctors and nurses are available 24/7 to monitor and treat withdrawal symptoms, manage your medications and address any other health concerns.
- Focus on dual diagnosis: People with both substance abuse and mental health disorders need specialized care. Our staff of psychiatrists, counselors, case workers and other providers in our inpatient psychiatric program have extensive training and experience caring for the unique needs of people with co-occurring disorders.
- Continuum of care: As part of Universal Health Services, we have facilities throughout Central Florida to help you after medical detox. For many people, detox is the first step in their addiction recovery process. We can coordinate a seamless transition to a less intensive residential program and provide ongoing outpatient care and support throughout your recovery.
- Specialized therapies for military: We offer drug and alcohol addiction support for active-duty military members, veterans and military families. Our TRICARE®-approved inpatient treatment program and specially trained therapists cater to the unique needs of your profession. Learn more about our military program.
What Is Drug and Alcohol Detox?
Detox, or detoxification, removes substances such as drugs or alcohol from your body. Long-term drug or alcohol use leads to physical and mental dependency, so stopping suddenly can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
Symptoms of withdrawal syndrome may include:
- High blood pressure
- Nausea and vomiting
Withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous, so it’s important for detox to happen in an environment with medical supervision. The doctors and nurses at University Behavioral Center have extensive training in addiction management. We provide the medical detox support and evidence-based therapies you need.
Conditions We Treat at Our Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
We help people with addictions to:
- Other addictive substances
Our Approach to Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Our 14-acre, secure campus in Orlando provides a peaceful environment where you can begin to heal. Our detox specialists offer evidence-based and research-informed practices. You receive a wide range of services targeting your symptoms and addressing the core challenges.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Trauma-focused therapy
- Medication support
- Health and wellness programs
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
Get Help Now
Call 407-281-7000 or contact us to get help now. At University Behavioral Center, our staff is available 24/7 for no-cost, confidential assessments. If you need immediate medical assistance, contact 911 or seek the nearest emergency room.